Today was a spectacular day full of music from many ages and talents at Feilding Civic Centre from 10am to 4pm.
The performing bands were:
PNBHS Concert Band – GOLD
PNGHS Swingle Ladies – SILVER
PNBHS Stage Band – GOLD
FAHS Big Band – SILVER
PNGHS Concert Band – BRONZE
Deco Bay Brass – Guest Band
Porirua Youth Brass – SILVER
Bay Cities Symphonic Band – GOLD
Manawatu Concert Band – GOLD
Palmerston North Brass – GOLD
Feilding Brass – SILVER
Most Entertaining: Palmerston North Brass
Best Soloist: Joe Inman – Palmerston North Brass
With a diverse group of musicians, the adjudicator was most impressed with all performances.
We look forward to 2019 Feilding Festival of Bands.
Click on Gallery tab to see a few photos from the afternoon performances.
The 22nd Feilding Festival of Bands was held last Sunday, 14 June at the Feilding Civic Centre.We had a full-house of bands this year with 13 brass, wind, and school bands, adjudicated by Mark Carter.
Results in playing order:
- PNBHS Concert Band – Gold, Most Entertaining
- Concord Concert Band – Silver
- Levin Centennial Concert Band – Bronze
- Concord Symphonic Band – Gold
- Bay Cities’ Symphonic Band – Silver
- Combined Porirua – Masterton Youth Bands – Silver
- Napier Boys’ and Girls’ High School Concert Band – Gold
- Manawatu Concert Band – Gold, Runner-Up Most Entertaining, Runner-Up Soloist
- PNGHS Concert Band – Bronze
- Deco Bay Brass – Gold
- PNGHS Jazz Band – Silver, Best Soloist
- FAHS Feilding Orchestra – Silver
- Feilding Brass – Silver
A big thanks to Beggs MusicWorks Palmerston North for their support. Please do check out their shop at 56 Princess Street.
The 21st Feilding Festival of Bands was held last Sunday, 25 May. Unusually it was held at Palmerston North Girls’ High School as our traditional home, the Feilding Civic Centre was being renovated. 7 brass, wind, and school bands participated under the watchful eye of adjudicator Andrew Stopps.
Results in playing order:
- Levin Centennial Concert Band – Silver Award; Runner-Up Most Entertaining
- Combined Porirua and Masterton Youth Band – Silver Award
- Havelock North High School Concert Band – Gold Award; Best Soloist
- Palmerston North Boys’ High School Concert Band – Gold Award
- Manawatu Concert Band – Gold Award; Most Entertaining
- Palmerston North Girls’ High School Jazz Band – Silver Award
- Feilding Brass – Gold Award; Runner-Up Best Soloist
A big thanks to KBB Music for their continued support. Please do check out their Wellington shop at 40 Cuba Street.
Feilding Brass won the reflective item and test at the combined Wellington and Central Districts brass band contest in Levin this weekend. The band played a transcription of the Moderato from the Slow Movement of Bruckner 7, and the Philip Harper piece Olympus.
We were pleased with the result, particularly in the reflective item which is an event that has challenged us in the past.
The band was also third in the concert program music.